10 major recent technology partnerships in healthcare: Google, Amazon and more
Here are 10 recent partnerships between healthcare organizations and big tech companies like Amazon, Apple, and Google.
1. Detroit-based Henry Ford Health System has partnered with Google Cloud and Miracle Software Systems to launch an international competition in Detroit to come up with ideas for reducing health inequalities through technology.
2. The Penn State College of Medicine, based in University Park, PA, has developed an Amazon Alexa Skill to provide care interventions for breast cancer patients in their homes.
3. Amwell unveiled its new Converge telehealth platform, which can host and operate digital offerings from Cleveland Clinic, Google Cloud and others.
4. Amazon Care, the e-commerce giant’s new healthcare business, has signed its first corporate client, the company said on May 5. The new client is Precor, a fitness company recently acquired by Peloton.
5. Google and Chicago-based Northwestern Medicine have teamed up to develop an artificial intelligence tool to support the work of clinicians in triage of mammogram patients.
6. The University of Washington has partnered with Microsoft and the Creative Destruction Lab, a not-for-profit science and technology program, to launch a collaboration focused on artificial intelligence and biomedical innovations, the organizations said on the 20th. may.
7. UPMC Health Plan has deployed a tool that allows members to learn more about their benefits and health insurance topics by asking questions to Amazon Alexa and Google Home Assistant devices.
8. As Microsoft’s $ 19.7 billion acquisition of speech recognition company Nuance Communications is poised to expand its healthcare footprint, the tech giant’s chief cloud official told CNBC he wasn’t interested in automating everything doctors do.
9. Atlanta’s Morehouse School of Medicine has launched its Health Equity Tracker, a Google.org-funded data platform showing the disparate effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on people of color and those with social status -economic is lower.
10. HCA Healthcare has signed a multi-year collaboration with Google Cloud focused on building a healthcare data analytics platform to support clinical and operational system workflows based in Nashville, TN.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2021. Want to LINK or REPRINT this content? View our policies by clicking here.